Montana Telehealth 101 is a Course
Montana Telehealth 101
Started Nov 2, 2020
Full course description
Through this course, MORH/AHEC aims to educate healthcare students, clinicians and professionals on the foundations of telehealth, specifically in Montana. Telehealth is a useful and powerful tool that expands access to quality care remotely. The following training will guide you through understanding what telehealth is, the benefits of incorporating it into your practice, and how to use it within your scope of work. Additionally, the course will review general rules and regulations to properly provide telehealth services in Montana.
By the end of this training, learners will be able to:
- Specify at least three key elements that define telehealth.
- Articulate the difference between a distant site and an originating site.
- List at least four essentials for a successful telehealth program.
- Describe at least four barriers and potential solutions for patients to engage in telehealth.
- Recognize the potential of telehealth to expand access to health care.
- Appreciate the complexity of technical, human, and process factors that must be considered for effective and safe telehealth.