Full course description
Gain practical knowledge with this comprehensive overview. For those new to telehealth or looking for a refresher, this course will provide information on how to create and/or grow telehealth programs. Tools, tips, and lessons learned will be incorporated into the content of the various components of setting up a telemedicine program. A total of 1.75 CME credit hours is available upon course completion.
Workshop modules will cover:
- Creating a Clinical Workflow: Similarities and differences with in-person care. A detailed look at setting up a telehealth clinic.
- Engagement, Evaluation & Reporting: Learn about the importance of communications when creating, delivering, and sustaining a telehealth program.
- Telehealth Technology Basics: A guide for the novice and refresher for the experts. Learn about the type of equipment and things to consider when selecting equipment.
- Telehealth Nuts and Bolts: Essential considerations for developing a telehealth service, or seeking one.
- Getting Paid for Telehealth: Planning for financial sustainability. An overview of telehealth business models and a detailed review of telehealth reimbursement.
- Legal and Regulatory Considerations: Covers a broad range of need-to-know topics, including licensure, credentialing &privileging, informed consent, prescribing, malpractice, and privacy and security.